What we treat
Chinese Medicine is a comprehensive medical system that aims to bring the whole person into balance. This means that we can treat essentially any condition by addressing the underlying imbalance. Chinese Medicine has proven to be exceptionally effective in the following areas:
Menstrual Irregularities, Menopause, Fertility
Colitis, IBS, Acid Reflux, Heartburn, Constipation
Injury, Arthritis, Chronic Pain, Back and Neck Tension
Depression, Anxiety, Stress Management
Smoking Cessation, Withdrawal Support
Asthma, Allergies, Common Cold
We also treat insomnia, chronic fatigue, hypertension, headaches and much more! Please call or email us if you have questions about a specific condition that isn’t listed here.
Acupuncture is not mystical or magical–it’s a very practical, simple way to balance the body. Our own UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine gives a great primer on acupuncture, stating:
Acupuncture therapy can…evoke the body’s natural healing response through various physiological systems. Modern research has demonstrated acupuncture’s effects on the nervous system, endocrine and immune systems, cardiovascular system, and digestive system. By stimulating the body’s various systems, acupuncture can help to resolve pain, and improve sleep, digestive function, and sense of well-being.
At BCA, here’s how your first visit works:
- You will fill out a short intake, sign a consent form, and pay the $40 fee for your first visit;
- You’ll head back to the treatment room, choose any open seat, recline and relax.
- The practitioner will review your information and health complaint(s), then meet you at your seat and ask a few questions to discern the appropriate treatment.
- She will insert the needles according to your primary complaints (note that we don’t need to needle in the area of pain to provide relief-we use points on the arms/legs/ears and scalp, and they work great!).
- You’ll relax for about 45 minutes, then your practitioner will remove your needles and recommend a treatment plan for you.
When you return for treatment, you will simply pay the $25 fee, and be invited to go in and choose a seat. The practitioner will check on your progress, ask relevant questions, insert your needles and leave you to rest.
We let the needles do the work in a calm, peaceful setting.